AIA PROGRAM SUMMARY
Rolling Closure Products
Program Number: COR100
Program Credit: 1 Hour - 1.0 AIA/CES Learning Units / HSW
Delivery: Lecture / Slide Presentation with Competency Component – Projection screen or area required.
Cost: None. Cornell will bring this program to architectural firms or chapter meetings.
Note: For AIA LU credit, AIA membership numbers will be required following the program.
To gain a general understanding of available rolling closure product lines so that the most applicable products can be specified to meet end user needs. Attendees will:
- Get an overview of key components that make up the assembly of rolling closure products and how they tie into building openings.
- Review rolling door product applications that solve special design needs.
- Gain an understanding of automatic closing systems and available fire & smoke control product options.
- Become familiar with fire product accessories that can be specified to meet specific code requirements or to enhance life safety protection.
- Be informed of materials and finishes that are available to meet project performance requirements and aesthetic design needs.